i dont know how many of you saw this but :

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3821&sid=1

any thoughts on the change ?

Lithdon
Lithdon

Postby Suiko on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:21 am

curse my for shit mana pool :(
Suiko

Re: Your thoughts on the +healing change ?

Postby Denial on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:32 am

Lithdon wrote:i dont know how many of you saw this but :

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3821&sid=1

any thoughts on the change ?

Lithdon

The change has been live on beta for a while. I can honestly understand why they changed it, but I feel that down ranking was one of those "skill" attributes that you could impose on a priest. If I was recruiting a decent priest, and I see one that knows how to efficiently down rank in a situation where the largest heal is not necessary, it is easy to see that they are already above the pack. Though I must say infinite healing in expansion would be common-place if it wasn't for the change.
Life is waiting for the one who loves to live, and it is not a secret...
Denial

Postby Lyion on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:53 am

Change was needed and most people would not be using heal rank 2 in xpac to heal MT because of the 6-7 healer per raid ontop of the tank having 15k hp buffed.
Snow" i need to graduate and move to san diego"
http://ctprofiles.net/763945
Lyion
Newb ass priest

Postby Denial on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:31 am

Lyion wrote:Change was needed and most people would not be using heal rank 2 in xpac to heal MT because of the 6-7 healer per raid ontop of the tank having 15k hp buffed.

Yea, I wasn't really refering to raids, just like small parties and stuff.
Denial

Postby Mihoshi on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:31 pm

also add in the factor that hots now stack, so for example i think my rejuv with tree form will tick for just over 730,

get 2 more similar druids and thats 2100 per 3. add renew maybe regrowth.

Tank will not die.
Mihoshi

Postby Denial on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:57 pm

Mihoshi wrote:also add in the factor that hots now stack, so for example i think my rejuv with tree form will tick for just over 730,

get 2 more similar druids and thats 2100 per 3. add renew maybe regrowth.

Tank will not die.

It's also not really about tanks, I think most of the down ranking takes place when healing raid damage.
Denial

Postby Lyion on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:39 pm

No denial Down ranking works because its efficent. On sapph for example if I can land 2 gheals all rank 5 that means no one else is healing the MT. If the people are healing the MT i could sit there and just spam rank 2heall all day and not run oom and sugoda would not die. Now with sapph theres blizzards etc so healers have to move thus healers need to pick which rank they can use. Basically downranks came into play because +healing outscaled the HP of tanks and because healing outscaled the health of tanks they couldnt make moves do more dmg so we could use our high rank spells or a tank would get 1 shot. Xpac fixes all this.
Snow" i need to graduate and move to san diego"
http://ctprofiles.net/763945
Lyion
Newb ass priest

Postby Denial on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:36 pm

Lyion wrote:No denial Down ranking works because its efficent. On sapph for example if I can land 2 gheals all rank 5 that means no one else is healing the MT. If the people are healing the MT i could sit there and just spam rank 2heall all day and not run oom and sugoda would not die. Now with sapph theres blizzards etc so healers have to move thus healers need to pick which rank they can use. Basically downranks came into play because +healing outscaled the HP of tanks and because healing outscaled the health of tanks they couldnt make moves do more dmg so we could use our high rank spells or a tank would get 1 shot. Xpac fixes all this.

I never said down ranking wasn't efficient on a tank but doesn't this change also effect raid healing on fights such as thaddius where a few people in the raid take damage? I mean, I see what your saying about healing tanks and don't disagree in fact I think the change should be made so their shouldn't even be an argument but I think the change not only effects healing a tank but down ranking to heal individual people. Instead of a druid using rank 3 or 4 heal to heal someone 1000 life they may have to use a higher rank.

I also think the amount of spirit gain through the increase of stats in the expansion played with what they had. While a tanks health increases through the expansion a priest instead of using rank 2-3 could use higher ranks due to the fact that they would be regening a lot more mana over the course of the heal. Instead of saying "Oh shit the tank is at 3000 health, that's pretty low" it's going to be "Oh shit the tank is at 6000 life, that's pretty low". I would actually be quite interested in seeing the mana per second of a level 70 priest.
Denial

Postby Equivocal on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:16 pm

I hit stuff.

... Fake Edit: Mobs. With my axes.

Aurelius.
Equivocal

Postby Aurelius on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Equivocal wrote:I hit stuff.

... Fake Edit: Mobs. With my axes.

Aurelius.

love u 2
Aurelius