Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Engrish

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Engrish

Postby Ichron on Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:36 am

I just saw quite possibly one of the funniest diplays of Engrish ever. It was some Japanese Pop video, and there was this hot Japanese girl singing...but what stood out was the fact they were trying to be Western in it. She was wearing a shirt that had in big capital block letters some English...and that English was...

BLACK
WOMAN
UNITED

And if that wasn't bad enough, the video had a few people dressed in American football gear. Pads, helmets, etc. You know that stuff isn't played in Japan. I was cracking up so much thinking, "Poor girl has no idea how stupid she looks to someone who knows English."
Ichron

Postby Adele on Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:48 pm

where is the link?!?

ass.
Adele

Postby Ichron on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:11 pm

It wasn't anything I could link. I was bored at like 2 AM so I fired up WinAmp. There's all kinds of streaming video, and I turned into some station with a weird name and it was JPop. I was kinda cracking up at the wannabe boy band guys and that video came on and I just lost it. How often do you see a petite Asian girl wearing a shirt that says

BLACK
WOMAN
UNITED
Ichron

Postby rankil on Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:00 pm

it's like all those chicks that get random asian characters tattoo'd on their lower backs and they probably means something else.
rankil

Return to Public Discussion