Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

LOL priest racials

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

LOL priest racials

Postby Lemmiwinks on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:45 pm

I've gathered information regarding upcoming design changes for the Priest racial specific abilities, and as I had hoped am able to share with each of you the specifics. Other changes to the Priest class have been outlined in the sticky thread entitled "Priests, it's Friday!", and we're hoping to unveil the changes to the talents through the interactive calculator soon.

These changes will go live upon the release of patch 1.10.

When using Feedback, the human priest will surround himself with anti-magical energy. Any successful spell cast against the priest will burn mana from the attacker and deal Shadow damage.

The Night Elf will notice that Starshards has been redesigned to work similar to Curse of Agony, dealing lower initial damage which increases as the duration continues. The mana cost will drop substantially for all ranks, and the spell damage will be increased .

All ranks of this spell will have a 6 second channeling duration.

The ranged damage reduction from Elune's Grace will be increased, both its duration and mana cost will decrease, and the spell will also increases the priest's chance to dodge.

This spell now has a cooldown.

The Troll's Shadowguard will become an instant cast ability. The tooltip will also be updated to reflect that damage caused by the spell causes no threat. Such is already the case, however, is not currently documented.

Hex of Weakness will apply a -20% healing modifier in addition to its normal effect. The healing debuff does not stack with the warrior's Mortal Strike ability, although the damage penalty will stack with either Touch or Curse of Weakness.

The Undead's Touch of Weakness will become a 10 minute self buff which is triggered when the caster become struck by a melee attack. The effect will otherwise remain the same.

Fear Ward, Desperate Prayer and Devouring Plague will remain unchanged.
Lemmiwinks

Postby manx on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:17 pm

so starshards still sucks... and undead now get 2 awesome racials (guess that balances them with dorfs)

and feedback is hawt, if its somewhat powerful, and not super weak
manx

Postby Snow on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm

manx wrote:so starshards still sucks... and undead now get 2 awesome racials (guess that balances them with dorfs)

Imo, fearward is only good for wsg or if your tanks have terrible reaction speed. I still wish it were removed from the game.

I'm liking the human racials more and more and am glad both my characters are human.
Snow

Postby Sugoda on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:30 pm

Snow wrote:I'm liking the human racials more and more and am glad both my characters are human.

You heard it here first. Snow's a racist.
Sugoda

Postby Savior` on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:22 pm

Snow wrote:
manx wrote:so starshards still sucks... and undead now get 2 awesome racials (guess that balances them with dorfs)

fearward is only good for wsg or if your tanks have terrible reaction speed..

why do you think we put it on you snow

CHEAAAAAAAA
Savior`

Return to Public Discussion