Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Emonix's Priest Post

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Emonix's Priest Post

Postby Lemmiwinks on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:05 pm

Eyonix wrote: As has been stated many times in recent posts, a number of improvements are being made to several priest talents and core abilities for the next content patch. Several of these changes are still in the testing process, and in some cases, under discussion - especially those relating to talents. What this means to the players is, the following details pertaining to upcoming change is not comprehensive, and intended primarily to serve as a sneak preview, and in a perfect world, satisfy some of your curiosity.

Too bad this world isn't perfect...

Greater Heal (and Heal starting from rank2) will receive a reduction to its casting time. Currently the spell is a 4 second cast. However, once patch 1.10 releases, the spell, from start to finish will cast in 3 seconds - (2.5 with talent improvement). This spell, along with the Druid's Healing Touch and the Shaman's Healing Wave will all receive an approximate 10% improvement to mana efficiency.

Holy Fire will no longer be a talent required ability. All priests, upon reaching the appropriate level will receive this spell as a core ability. In addition, this spell's casting time has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3.5. The appropriate talent improvement would bring this spell to a 3 second cast. This spell will also be considered holy damage, meaning, effects which improve holy damage will increase the damage of this spell.

Inner Fire is another core ability we're reworking. With the prevalence of wand-use amongst casters, we're not very pleased with the increase of attack power this spell provides and are looking to change Inner Fire so that it is more in line with the original concept behind the ability, i.e. a defensive/soloing spell.

Power Word: Shield is still undergoing testing. Basically, we're running the numbers of the final spell ranks and will likely make changes to its damage mitigation scaling.

Talents are where we're making the most significant changes, however, until the changes have been finalized there is little I'm going to be able to reveal. What I will state is that we're reorganizing and streamlining all three trees, with a particular emphasis on Holy and Discipline. Each tree will have anywhere from 1 to 4 brand new talents available. The focus of Holy will be in providing throughput improvement, such as offering benefits to healing and spell damage. Discipline will focus on staying-power, such as what you see from abilities that improve mana and mana regeneration. Shadow of course, will focus primarily on damage.

Priest class racial improvements are for the most part, complete yet undergoing testing. Until all of them are ready to be unveiled, I'm going to avoid providing specifics. I will try very hard to push out concrete details late next week, if possible.

A number of minor improvements and tweaks continue to be made as well, such as the increase we're making to Prayer of Fortitude's range and radius, the overall reduction to Smite's mana cost, the addition of group buff versions for Divine Spirit and Shadow Protection, and much more. In addition, I can promise that I'll push for the talents to go live on the talent calculator the moment that they've been finalized, which hopefully won't be long now.

Can anyone say new Gheal and 8 piece Trans?
Lemmiwinks

Postby Lyion on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:32 pm

need to see talents. the 500 renew is crap still.
Snow" i need to graduate and move to san diego"
http://ctprofiles.net/763945
Lyion
Newb ass priest

Postby scroogeLOLBUTTSECKS on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:59 pm

8 pc trans still sucks lemmi. not to mention gheal at rank 2 is 1531-1717 +85% of +heal bonus which ill just say is 500 you get a 2142 top end gheal at 2.5 seconds talented (which we havnt seen where it is in the tree yet) plus an unmodifiable rank 5 renew for 665 mana and hope that you get a full +heal on the tank to maximize mp per hp

OR LOL

you can cast rank 4 flash heal for 215 mana and get 100% of your spells hp to land on the tank.

this is also assuming rank 2 gheal takes full +heal benefit i dunno if it does or not, pretty sure it doesnt tho.
scroogeLOLBUTTSECKS

Re: Emonix's Priest Post

Postby Ravendas on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:29 pm

Lemmiwinks wrote:
Eyonix wrote:

Greater Heal ... This spell, along with the Druid's Healing Touch and the Shaman's Healing Wave will all receive an approximate 10% improvement to mana efficiency.

Okay, thats 3 out of the 4 healing classes... where is a paladin boost in mana efficiency?

Blizz plays horde.
Ravendas

Re: Emonix's Priest Post

Postby Oop on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:56 am

Ravendas wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
Eyonix wrote:

Greater Heal ... This spell, along with the Druid's Healing Touch and the Shaman's Healing Wave will all receive an approximate 10% improvement to mana efficiency.

Okay, thats 3 out of the 4 healing classes... where is a paladin boost in mana efficiency?

Blizz plays horde.

35 mana heal in 1.5 seconds that receives a good portion of +healing (think its 40%)
"But its peanut butter jelly time... :("
-KDM
Oop

Postby Savior` on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:24 am

holy fuck a new public post.

CHEAAAAAAAA
Savior`

Postby Lyion on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:58 pm

oh noes
Snow" i need to graduate and move to san diego"
http://ctprofiles.net/763945
Lyion
Newb ass priest

Postby Snow on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Savior` wrote:holy fuck a new public post.

I know. It's almost as amazing as this:

Japan tries to save giant radish

A giant radish is making the Japanese evening news headlines after it was rushed into intensive care in an agricultural research centre.

The daikon radish, a staple ingredient in Japan, became an unlikely object of public admiration when it started growing through a pavement last year. The resilient radish was then attacked last year by a mysterious assailant. The local town council has since been trying to re-grow the radish from its severed top. It now hopes to extract its seeds or DNA. The wilting leaves and shrivelled top of the radish were carefully packed in a cool box and accompanied by a throng of reporters and cameramen, driven to an agricultural research centre. There, evening news programmes showed white-coated scientists pronouncing gravely on the radish's prognosis.

Roots of the drama

This unlikely drama started last summer in the town of Aoi, when residents noticed the radish pushing its way through the asphalt of a pavement. Impressed by its perseverance, they named it Dokonjo Daikon, or the radish with fighting spirit. Imagine their dismay then when one morning, they found the radish had been decapitated.

The news of its demise prompted an outpouring of sympathy across Japan, and the unknown assailant returned its severed head, from which the town council has been trying in vain to revive it. Dokonjo daikon now even has its own dedicated website. The Japanese public has frequently been touched by the plight of stricken animals. But commentators are at a loss to explain this wave of affection for a mere vegetable. Inspired by the radish's fight for life, the town council now wants to extract seeds or even DNA from its remains in the hope of producing offspring of similar fortitude.

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4677262.stm
Snow

Postby Ichron on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:57 am

Snow wrote:
Savior` wrote:holy fuck a new public post.

I know. It's almost as amazing as this:

Japan tries to save giant radish

A giant radish is making the Japanese evening news headlines after it was rushed into intensive care in an agricultural research centre.

The daikon radish, a staple ingredient in Japan, became an unlikely object of public admiration when it started growing through a pavement last year. The resilient radish was then attacked last year by a mysterious assailant. The local town council has since been trying to re-grow the radish from its severed top. It now hopes to extract its seeds or DNA. The wilting leaves and shrivelled top of the radish were carefully packed in a cool box and accompanied by a throng of reporters and cameramen, driven to an agricultural research centre. There, evening news programmes showed white-coated scientists pronouncing gravely on the radish's prognosis.

Roots of the drama

This unlikely drama started last summer in the town of Aoi, when residents noticed the radish pushing its way through the asphalt of a pavement. Impressed by its perseverance, they named it Dokonjo Daikon, or the radish with fighting spirit. Imagine their dismay then when one morning, they found the radish had been decapitated.

The news of its demise prompted an outpouring of sympathy across Japan, and the unknown assailant returned its severed head, from which the town council has been trying in vain to revive it. Dokonjo daikon now even has its own dedicated website. The Japanese public has frequently been touched by the plight of stricken animals. But commentators are at a loss to explain this wave of affection for a mere vegetable. Inspired by the radish's fight for life, the town council now wants to extract seeds or even DNA from its remains in the hope of producing offspring of similar fortitude.

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4677262.stm

I was looking at this on ytmnd at the time I was reading that. It makes it seem more...sad...dramatic...

http://talbfij.ytmnd.com/
Ichron

Return to Public Discussion