Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Farming for Dummies

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Farming for Dummies

Postby Lemmiwinks on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:22 am

Going to post here with all of the farming hotspots so we can start kicking some ass with the turn ins.

You might also want to pick up this loot filter mod found here.

Linen
-North of the Mine in Westfall is a bugged spawn point that always pops out mobs. They drop 3-4 linen a pop. Bring a couple friends to loot as possible.
-Ragefire Chasm in Org. A priest and a mage could AOE pull the whole zone and be done in 10 minutes a clear.

Silk
-Undead SM. Easy enough.
-Centaur Camps in 1k Needles. There's one with like, 1000 mobs. Whore that out.

Arthas' Tears

Heavy Leather
All of the worgen in Darkshire can be skinned for medium leather (as well as some heavy leather, but can be turned into thick leather if you get enough of it). The absolute best place is marked in pink on the map. When fully respawned, there are 16 or so worgen that can easily be collected and AoE'd down (they're level 29-31). There will always be three spawned, and the entire camp takes about 5 minutes or so to fully respawn. You can either just kill them as they spawn, or clear the Rotting Orchard camps (green) then come back and get them in bulk. They're also humanoids, so they drop coin (about a silver each).
Last edited by Lemmiwinks on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lemmiwinks

Postby Snow on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Pie wrote:How do you go to Org?

I will be moderating any useless and facetious posts in this thread. This is a guide to help us all get AQ opened faster.

For alliance looking for copper, I find the loop from IF, around the lake and hills, all the way to loch modan (checking the western hills in loch and then along the western lake edge in loch on the way back to the fp), to be very good. I tend to get 40+ bars per loop and it doesnt take long on an epic mount.

According to elise, doing a deadmines run can also be a very good sourse of copper + linen as well.
Snow

Postby Pie on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:46 pm

I was asking a valid question, chill out. I have never been to RFC. so i asked how do you go to inside the Org if thats where the instance is.
Pie

Postby Seph on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:06 pm

I farm the crap out of the worgen daily.

For light leather, the northern edge of duskwood has a plethora of wolves to farm. Just run back and forth and skin away.
Seph

Postby Ichron on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:29 pm

I found the Durotar/Barrens to be good for copper when leveling up Blacksmithing in beta. Much more so than Alliance lands. It may have been because it was beta and less people were competing, though.
Ichron

Postby rankil on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm

raptors in un'goro skin thick leather and drop raptor flesh. A 2-4-1 kinda deal!!!

So go there.
WTB Armored Netherdrake

Spending multiples of my $15 a month on my car instead. Nevermind, I just re-activated...
rankil

Postby Sanosuke on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Pie wrote:I was asking a valid question, chill out. I have never been to RFC. so i asked how do you go to inside the Org if thats where the instance is.

from IF, fly to Southshore, mount up through silverpine to tirisfal and take the zepplin (the lower one of the two, also the one closest to the UC entrance), It'll drop you off right outside Orgrimmar. The first few times I stealthed through Org, but lately I just plow right through on my epic mount, have yet to die from doing so. Basically in Org you go straight north, turn right and go north until you see purple shit. That's the cleft of shadow. Instance portal is there. Make an orc or troll on a diff server if you wanna learn the path without risking your ass.
Sanosuke

Postby Pie on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Sanosuke wrote:The first few times I stealthed through Org, but lately I just plow right through on my epic mount, have yet to die from doing so. Basically in Org you go straight north, turn right and go north until you see purple shit. That's the cleft of shadow. Instance portal is there. Make an orc or troll on a diff server if you wanna learn the path without risking your ass.

Thanks for the straight answer. i have been to outside Org, but i never went in and explore or run RFC. I was wondering if its inside, how you get pass the guards and horde. guess you have to run though.
Pie

Postby scroogeLOLBUTTSECKS on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:45 pm

its safer to go the back entrance, just hang a left outside org and go around the side till you see a bridge leading over the water. once you get inside itll drop you behind the AH which is where everyone afks, so you wont deal with some random lvl 20 shaman throwing a frosthock.
scroogeLOLBUTTSECKS

Postby kniteshift on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:54 am

Which mine in westfall? Jag. Mine?
kniteshift

Return to Public Discussion