Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Fiery Enchant

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Fiery Enchant

Postby Ravendas on Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:43 pm

EDIT: This is in the 1.09 patch. This stuff still procs off other stuff, i was testing this on patch day.

So after getting my Drake Talon Cleaver, I enchanted it with fiery enchant. Many people lol'd at this, seeing as how everyone knows crusader or lifesteal is better, and fiery is so newb. But due to the ability for certain procs to proc on procs, i always thought that fiery did nice dps. So today I got bored and decided to actually do the math. Armed with a few probability classes, boredom, and perl (i dont have a c++ compiler handy), i figured it out today.

First, in the 5 days I've had the cleaver, I have found out this.
Seal of Command procs only off of hits.
Fatal Wounds weapon proc procs off weapon hits, and itself. Most I've ever seen is 2 fatal wounds on one hit.
Fiery Enchant procs off weapon hits, Command hits, and Fatal Wound hits. I have seen all of these individually and combined. I have screenshots I'll post later.

This gives a theoretical chance of 4 Fiery Enchant procs on one hit.

All 3 of these work on a procs per minute basis(PPM).
Command has been bumped up to 7 PPM this patch.
Fiery Enchant has been found to have 6 PPM, the most of any enchant.
Through my own trials, I estimate Fatal Wounds to have 2 PPM. This isnt solid, but an estimate.

The formula for chance to proc is (Weapon Speed * PPM)/60.

Using all this information, I put it all into a terrible perl script which im embarassed of, and got this out. All of these assume you hit the target. Also, crit and resists were not taken into account. It normally hits for 40, crit for 60, but since these are due to stats, cannot be taken into account at this time.

Chance of Command, and two fatal wounds : 0.00509
Chance of Command, and one fatal wound : 0.03986
Chance of Command, no fatal wounds : 0.35171
Chance of no Command, and two fatal wounds : 0.00775
Chance of no Command, and one fatal wound : 0.06062
Chance of no Command, and no fatal wound : 0.53496

Total Chance of 4 fiery procs on attack : 6.8085 x 10^-5
Total Chance of 3 fiery procs on attack : 0.00239
Total Chance of 2 fiery procs on attack : 0.06010
Total Chance of 1 fiery proc on attack : 0.39009
Total Chance of 0 fiery procs on attack : 0.54734

###
Average fiery damage on an attack = 20.71068
dps gained (with 3.4 speed weapon) = 6.09138
###

According to some faq on wow forums that i cannot find at the moment, for any non-rogue class, Crusader gives 7.14 dps on a mainhand weapon or 2hander. However this isnt burst damage, this is assuming you sit and melee the same target for an extended time. Good in raids, not so good in pvp. Fiery enchant is weaker than crusader in pve, but in pvp its atomic damage is a bonus.

Also just in case, i reran the program with the Fatal Wounds procs at 1 ppm. The average damage lowered to 19.80900, and dps to 5.82618. Still good.

If anyone would like to see the 'script' for this, I'll send it. Its just the math laid out, no loops or anything. Was just easier for me to visualize than writing tons of math on paper.
Last edited by Ravendas on Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravendas

Postby Ravendas on Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:49 pm

Also, to make this applicable to people without fatal wounds, i redid it using just command and fiery. Assuming 3.4 speed weapon, here are the stats.

Average damage per hit is 18.99467.
DPS gained is 5.58667

Fatal wounds doesnt play a large role, but it does help.
Ravendas

Postby Denial on Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:59 pm

That's pretty interesting. I've been trying to get my friend to write a program where i can test the effectiveness of +hit/crit on X amount of +spell damage.
Life is waiting for the one who loves to live, and it is not a secret...
Denial

Return to Public Discussion