Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

PvP Ranking Point Allocation

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

PvP Ranking Point Allocation

Postby kkay on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:45 pm

I know a few of you were curious about the investigation I was doing about how Ranking Points (what determines your actual rank) relate to Contribution Points (how much honor you earned for the week).

To determine how much Ranking Points you earned for a given week, simply subtract the ranking points you had in the previous week from the current week's ranking points shown on
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp. Then add 20% of the previous week's Ranking Points. For example, assume I had 40000 Ranking Points as of last week, which is the equivolent of 0% through Rank 10. This week I have 42000 Ranking Points, the equivolent of 40% through rank 10, because 2000/5000 = .4
Now, to determine how much Ranking Points I earned BEFORE the decay, I must subtract 40000 from 42000 which is 2000 plus 20% of 40000 which is 8000. 2000 + 8000 = 10000 Ranking Points earned for the week. Using this method, I determined Ranking Points for many of the top standing players, and related it to their CP earned for that week.

http://www.geocities.com/koolkal12/pvp.htm

Shown on this webpage is a table of CP values and Ranking Points per person. As one can see, Ranking Points earned seems to have a direct correlation with Contribution Points earned RELATIVE to the person in standing 1's contribution points.

However, I still need another week to test for any inconsistencies which are likely, such as hard caps so that a person with standing 50 doesn't earn almost as much Ranking Points as the person with standing 1. Right now it looks a bit disorganized so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
kkay

Postby Gauntlet on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:59 pm

Sweet man, thanks for the research.
WOW: Inactive
DOTA: Rookie of the Year [06] Player of the Year [08]
Email: Gauntlet3h@gmail.com
Gauntlet
TeamLEET

Postby scroogeLOLBUTTSECKS on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:03 am

wows pvp in a nutshell: dont log off.
scroogeLOLBUTTSECKS

Return to Public Discussion